How to get historical Google Search Volume beyond the past 12 months?
Google Keyword Planner provides search volume data for the last 12 months only. Accordingly, Google Ads (formerly AdWords) API does not provide a possibility to get historical data for a longer period of time. Since Google AdWords API is the datasource for our Google Keyword Data API, unfortunately, we do not return historical stats with it.
However, we do provide historical search volume and other keyword metrics with the DataForSEO Labs API. The Historical Search Volume endpoint can supply you with the following data:
- Search volume rates from the beginning of 2019 up to the latest months’ data
- Current monthly average search volume rate
- Current competition values in paid SERP
- Current cost-per-click values
- Product and service categories each keyword falls into
We’ve collected these historical stats (based on data from Google Ads API) for over 2.5 billion keywords, and we keep amplifying our database.
If you’d like to learn more about using historical search volume in your keyword research or want to see a few examples for leveraging this data in your tool, check out this article on our blog.